Lorne Akins School is committed to excellence in public education which fosters the joy of life-long learning.
At Lorne Akins School, both students and staff are learners, consider learning to be "Job 1", and are committed to the pursuit of excellence in education through:
- providing a safe, caring, supportive and compassionate learning environment;
- encouraging the development of creative and critical thinking skills;
- meeting the learning needs of all students, with the direct, valuable assistance and resources of our parents and our community;
- emphasizing the growth and development of students and staff in a vibrant, dynamic learning environment; and
- recognizing and building on each student's strengths to develop self-esteem and respect for self and others.